Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Quickly, quickly!

No time for one of my normal long posts.  Another good couple of days.   Started from the beginning of the Clinton Anderson training method today to see how P'd do... he did GREAT.  Was sketchy with the "handy stick" at first (no I'm not retarded.  I didn't fork over $35 or $45 for the ACTUAL C.A. handy stick.  I bought the same thing for $17 at a local saddlery) but he calmed very nicely though getting him to accept it on his right side was a definite challenge!

And then we tried backing up.  It was an absolute no go.  Figured P had done outstanding enough for the day.  Went (quickly) over the 1st few exercises again so we'd end on a positive note and then set him loose in the arena for about 20 minutes.  He definitely needed that!  It was fun to watch P having fun and running around acting silly.  We actually played together too so that was cool.

Oh, and I started the day by using the Joe Camp method of letting P chose me as opposed to me getting him to submit.  It worked great though I was nervous that it wouldn't work at all.

All in all a great day (as usual because Phoenix is awesome). 

Time for work!

No comments:

Post a Comment