Thursday, June 13, 2013

Frustrations Abound

Well, it's been a rough week in Lisa-Phoenix land.  P had his first vet visit in a couple of years and while he wasn't wonderful, I think he did really well considering.  Had his two shots and only bolted (about two steps) away from the needles once.  Was really good with the doctor about letting her see his chompers (good boy!) and would not even let her get close to his bum for a temperature reading.

The doctor gave me some tips on how to work on rectifying the temp. taking issue and we'll have her back soon to do a blood panel and some light tooth work.

P also had what was supposed to be his first farrier visit a couple of days ago.  He wouldn't stand for too long and the end result was that the farrier clipped down the heel of his left front hoof and told me to have him back in August.  Grrr.  I chased this guy for WEEKS, he comes out and then he pulls that.  There's more to the story but suffice it to say that I was pissed when he left after 10 minutes.

We're gonna go with another farrier.  I don't have the time to deal with this guy.

Trainer came out to do an assessment today and brought along one of his experienced students.  They both raved about how well P did, said he was really picking things up quick, wasn't a jerk-face, was a nice looking boy, etc., etc,... and then they found out how old he is and that he's never been ridden and IMMEDIATELY the trainer went from  "he's great" to trying to discourage me from having anything else to do with P. The guy even went so far as to tell me about a nice quarter horse gelding I could have for a reduced price, etc.

Needless to say, it's been a frustrating week thanks to PEOPLE.  P, on the other hand, is doing wonderfully and there is NO doubt in my mind whatsoever that he'll continue to do wonderfully.  I'm just going to have to get these people to give him the chance he deserves.

Time for work. I'm going to go take my frustration out on airplanes for  8 hours or so... and then tomorrow morning, P and I will get back to proving what a great horse he is now and is going to be given the time and training he deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment